The NY Times has done another nice audio slideshow, this time of some of the amazing buildings that are going up related to the Olympics. They have mini reviews of:
- Rem Koolhaas’s awesomely imposing CCTV building
- Paul Andreu’s beautiful “floating” National Theater
- Herzog and de Meuron’s delicate but gigantic National Stadium (above)
- Norman Foster’s new terminal at the Beijing airport - not visually that innovative, but it is truly gigantic and if placed atop Manhatten would stretch the entire width of the island. Just hope that if you have to do a transfer you don’t get gates at opposite ends!
- The “bubble-icious” National Aquatic Center that stores water to get heated by the sun in the building exterior, to be cycled into the pool (exterior detail and interior view below)